Modified on: Thu, 28 Nov, 2019 at 2:30 PM
Use pass waitlists to allow prospective registrants to join a waitlist if the pass they want is sold out (or at capacity).
Steps to set up a pass waitlist:
1. To enable a pass waitlist navigate to the Registration tab and then to the Passes menu item.
2. Add a pass or select an existing one.
3. Scroll down to the Pass Capacity field and add a capacity of 1 or more. This will limit the number of passes available to purchase or reserve.
4. Observe that a Waitlist Limit field has appeared. Add a zero or more to limit the number of people who can join the pass waitlist. Leave it blank for no limit.
Pass waitlist confirmations:
1. To configure the pass waitlist confirmation screen select the Registration tab and then the Confirmations menu item.
2. Scroll down to “Pass Waitlist Confirmation Screen”. Use the editor to configure the message displayed when someone is added to a pass waitlist. Use Attendease Placeholders to add personalization and dynamically update the confirmation message with the most current event or attendee details.
3. Next, scroll down to “Pass Waitlist Confirmation Email”. Use the editor to configure the email that is sent when someone is added to a pass waitlist. Use Attendease Placeholders to add personalization and dynamically update the confirmation message with the most current event or attendee details. This email uses the Default email template.
When a prospective registrant arrives at the pass selection screen, and views a pass with an activated waitlist, their experience will depend on several factors.
1. If a pass has a price, the pass will display a "SOLD OUT" label.
2. If a pass has no price, the pass will display an "AT CAPACITY" label.
In both cases, the registrant can select a "Join Waitlist" button to add themselves to the waitlist for that pass.
To be added to the waitlist for a pass the registrant must complete the registration and payment forms (if the pass requires payment).
The registrant will be notified that a pending charge will be placed on their method of payment.
After completing registration a registrant will be able to sign into their account and review their waitlist status.
If the pass becomes available the registrant will receive an email confirming the successful registration. If the pass requires payment the payment will happen automatically. The registrant will not be charged unless the registration is confirmed.
Managing someone on a pass waitlist:
As an admin managing registration for an event you are able to take certain actions with respect to pass waitlists.
Search for attendees on a waitlist
Search for attendees currently on pass waitlists by navigating to the Registration tab, then the Attendees menu item. From here you can filter attendees based on status. Simply select "View attendees by: Status" and then choose the "Waitlisted" status.
Remove an attendee from a waitlist
From the Attendees screen select the profile of an attendee on a pass waitlist. From the top, right-hand corner of their profile you have the option to cancel their waistlist status. Warning! This will remove them from the waitlist and cancel a pending charge (if the pass required payment). It's not possible to undo this action. If an attendee is removed from a waitlist they are notified by email.
Promote an attendee on a waitlist
The only way to promote an attendee on a waitlist (increase their position on the waitlist) is by removing an attendee on the waitlist ahead of them.
Cancel a pass waitlist:
To cancel a full pass waitlist, select the Registration tab, and then the Passes menu item. Select the pass associated with the pass waitlist and then select "Disabled" under "Waitlist". Warning! You cannot undo this action.
Add-on pass waitlists:
Registrants and attendees can also add themselves to pass waitlists for add-on passes. However, someone must own a primary pass to be on the waitlist for an add-on pass. It's not possible to be on the waitlist for a primary pass and an add-on pass at the same time.
There are two ways someone can join an add-on pass waitlist.
1. If they select a primary pass during their registration that does not sold out or at capacity then they can also add themselves to an add-on pass waitlist.
2. If they select a primary pass during their registration that does not sold out or at capacity OR are promoted from a primary pass waitlist and are granted a pass then they can join an add-on pass waitlist from their account screen by signing into the event website.
Pass waitlist data is included in the attendee registration export. If an attendee is registered they may be on an add-on pass waitlist. You'd find this by looking at the Registered Attendees tab and locating the add-on pass columns. If they are on a waitlist their status in that column will be "Waitlisted".
If a registrant is on a pass waitlist for a primary pass their profile will be present on the "Waitlisted" tab of the export.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback